This past week has been a rollercoaster. Definitely the most trying time of the year for me. The week started with me and the family attending my favorite cousin's wedding (finally!) wherein he invited me to become one of the bridesmaids. However, the week ended with some bad news - the death of my aunt. I got a text message from my mom that she suffered a heart attack. They managed to rush her to the hospital but it was too late. I am still mourning with my family but I can rest my heart knowing that she is in a happy place and won't have to suffer anymore.
Back to more happy thoughts - I said finally about my cousin's wedding because they'd been together for about 10 years now and tying the knot is a great step towards the next chapter of their relationship. Also, excited to have a new niece/nephew soon! Seeing the bride walk down the aisle towards him on the altar was indescribable. I have been to many weddings before and had been a bridesmaid several times but I can literally feel the emotion that was probably going through him at that point. Heck, I was even feeling nervous and teary-eyed.
I would like to share my favorite moments from the wedding with some photos so you, too, can get a sneak peek of the entire evening:
1. I was anxious and excited about the whole wedding preparation. Went to the hotel early in the morning to get the makeup done and do some shoots with the other members of the entourage. Had some pizzas delivered to the room for lunch because we literally had no time for a break. The wedding coordinators were extremely helpful to get everything organized because I felt like a hot mess having to move from one room to another trying to get my makeup done and then get into my dress.
|Ugh. I can't get my nephew to quit photobombing us.|
2. Speaking of the dress, I simply love it. The wedding's motif was teal, which couldn't have been more perfect as I am obsessed with anything blue. The fact that it was strapless was double bonus! I got super excited when I was trying on the dress a week before and was pleased with the outcome. Ha! I can only imagine if I were fitting my own wedding dress.
3. The ceremony was short and solemn. It went very smoothly. I was also happy to catch up on some family members and relatives at the wedding.
4. The food! As a foodie, I am always up for anything that would delight my palate. The food at the reception, Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao, was exceptional. They had all kinds of meat, which was great because mom can only eat fish, that were fresh and delicious! We also had cocktails and snacks upon arriving at the reception after the wedding ceremony and it was plentiful!
5. Bonding with the family. That's what weddings are all about. Being able to celebrate a special union of two people passionately in love and having the most important people in their respective lives being witness. It was priceless!
How's your week been so far?