TBDress Style Guide: Mother of the Bride

In a preview post, I've talked about choosing bridesmaid dresses. This time out, I will be tackling the dresses for mothers. A wedding is a special occasion not just for the couple but for their friends and family as well. Hence, guests to the wedding invest time and effort in looking for the perfect outfit to wear fit for the occasion. But mothers should also be given enough attention to ensure that they also look their best for their daughter's or son's big day. As a mother, you probably have not shopped for a dress this importance since the time you got married yourself. Below are some shopping tips you can use to help make the shopping experience for you, plus product recommendations from TBDress.com.

1. Speak with the couple about the wedding theme. The wedding could be formal, semi-formal or casual - either way, knowing the theme will help make it easier to choose the appropriate dress for the mother.

2. Know the wedding motif and theme. This will make it easier for you to pick mother of the bride dresses that will not only fit into the wedding motif but also in the theme. Is it a formal, semi-formal or casual event? These factors will impact the style of dress you choose.

3. Do this in advance. Make sure you give yourself at least 6 months of preparation to give enough time to choose a dress, schedule fittings and make any adjustments to the fit (where necessary). Don't wait at the last miute.

4. Consider your own personal style. Even though it is your daughter's or son's big day, do not allow yourself to feel uncomfortable just so you can fit in. Choose a style that reflect your personality and are comfortable with.

Now that you know the basics to shopping for mother of the bride dresses, the next step is to go shopping. I've picked out a few product recommendations from TBDress.com but you can also shop your choices here: http://www.tbdress.com/Cheap-Mother-Of-The-Bride-Dresses-73/



Which of these dresses do you like most?

 

4 comments

  1. Mother of the Bride dresses have come a long way, which is good! Moms can be hot too!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where to shop if my grown up daugther decide to marry :)

    Thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog. Now I checked your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are lovely

    http://www.icelaw.me/2014/10/different.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)