I've previously talked about my thoughts on crop tops here and here. Crop tops are not my number one option to wear when putting my outfit together. However, I do reach out for them once in a while when I want to create a particular look. I know that I don't have the perfect supermodel bod (though I haven't stopped wishing, or working for it) but I think you don't have to have the perfect body to wear crop tops with confidence.
SHOP THE LOOK
Top: Sammydress (c/o)
Shoes: Steve Madden
On the contrary, I like the sense of empowerment I get from wearing crop tops. It not just shows you are confident but that you love your body. As the old phrase goes, "If you got it, flaunt it." When I got this top from Sammydress, my initial thought was excitement. It is just about summer time, so I have the perfect excuse to wear them more often. And it comes in a classic striped pattern. I paired it with a high waisted cobalt midi skirt just to let the skin peek a bit.
What is your favorite way to wear crop tops?
*** Links à la Mode, May 5
- Al Balsam Life: Met Gala 2016 | Iconic Fashion Moments
- Alive as Always: Mix It Up a Notch | Babydoll Batik
- The Antisocialista: I Like Big Buds and I Cannot Lie
- Arisgold: Five Reasons to Wear a Romper
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: May Crush List
- The Classy Junk: Black and Taupe | Outfit
- Distinguished Diva: Style Tip | The Easiest Way to Tie Ankara Headwrap | Video Tutorial
- The Dragonfruit Diaries: Beauty | Nightly Skincare Routine
- Everyday Starlet: Man Repeller | Seeking Love. Finding Overalls by Leandra Medine | Review
- The Fashionista Momma: Leather On Leather
- Finite 1: It’s Easy as 1-2-3
- Hey Just Jei: Mother’s Day Gifts to Make Mom Shine
- Les Assorties: Armadio | Undiscovered Italian Luxury Discovered
- Life in the Fash Lane: Summery Stripes
- Modavracha: Is Pyjamas Fashion Trend Stylish or Merely Comfortable?
- Sweet Tea Salvage: 10 Cute Bike Helmets
- Tales of Two: Channeling Your Inner Garden Nymph
- Vanity and Me: A Classic Look for Spring
- The Wanderbliss: Mustard
- We Are Ready Made: Rumour Has It