The first quarter of 2014 is almost coming to a wrap. I was lucky to be able to go on my first trip for the year even before summer officially kicked off. It was a complete year since the last time I went on a vacation (bummer, I know) because the boyf and I had to focus on more important priorities during the latter half of 2013. But since that is out of the way now and before we proceed to the next, more important step, I felt like we deserve even a short break.
1. We discovered a new Japanese restaurant...and loved it! Well, technically, we love any Japanese cuisine restaurant. But this is a new one and we did not really plan our dine there. I was excited to find that they offer really good, authentic Japanese dishes at reasonable prices. A new favorite added to our long list.
2. A new red dress to add to my closet. I feel like this is a new obsession. When I see red on the rack, I tend to grab it quickly. I was more than happy when the boyf decided to buy this red dress for me. You can check the entire post here!
3. Flew with a few friends to Cebu, the Queen City of the South. We then traveled for a few hours to the island of Bantayan. It was totally worth the long travel. Beautiful island. It might be badly hit by Typhoon Yolanda but the beauty of this island was undeniable.
4. Whenever I visit a new place, I always make sure to sample their cuisine. I went on a food trip and while my waist might not be too happy about it, at least my taste buds and tummy were.
5. A low-key weekend after a long vacation is a must. This past weekend, we opted to have date night in and watched a few movies. Ice cream is customary with this hot weather!
To get a sneak peek into my daily adventures, do follow me on Instagram: abj_castro
What are you up to lately? Any big plans this weekend?