Sunday, May 11, 2014

My First Color Block

I am quite proud of where my fashion sensibilities have taken me in my almost two years of blogging. A couple of years ago, bold color mixing would have made me cringe. Nowadays, I consider myself not being fitted into a category as far as my styling personality is concerned. One day I like to wear delicate, feminine pieces and then opt for casually edgy style the next. I can be unpredictable, if I must say.

This color block outfit is one of my recent favorites. I love cobalt. Love it with a passion! In fact, I could wear this if I were made to pick to wear only one color for the rest of my life (just so you get the idea!). So when I saw this midi cobalt skirt online, there was no way somebody else is going to get it but me. I opted for a minimalistic style by pairing the cobalt skirt with a basic mustard tank top for my first take on color blocking. I decided to add the statement necklace as a finishing touch to add more pizzaz to this outfit. 

How do you like to style a midi skirt?



  1. Great coloring blocking and outfit!

    Becky @ Cella Jane

  2. That's the thing I think I love most about blogging. It makes you step outside the box and try things you never would've done before
    xo jac

  3. I like your style. That colour block looks great on you. Anyway, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I’ve made my day *big smile* ! I just followed you back on gfc. Do you like to follow each other via bloglovin and instagram too? :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

  4. I'm glad color-blocking doesn't make you cringe anymore because this is super cute!


  5. Love the color blocking, and that blue is my favorite!


  6. I love colour so much I've made a business out of it. I love colours so naturally I love your outfit today. Our eyes are drawn to colour far more than style. I hope you continue to wear lots of colours! I've just started following you on bloglovin. I will leave my link in case you're interested.

  7. Great outfit! I love the blue/yellow mix. I hear ya. Blogging has helped me step out of my style comfort zone and try new things.
    Visiting from Funday Monday!

  8. This outfit is adorable on you!!!

  9. Yes, this really works - what a fab combo! I colourblocked a jade green midi skirt with a cobalt blue blouse once, I must try it again. The blogosphere is so good for inspiration isn't it? Super x

  10. For your first try, you nailed it! Such fun colors! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire

  11. Ooh, this outfit looks fun to wear! By the way, I'm following you on Bloglovin. =) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

  12. And you nailed it! Great job color blocking!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

  13. I consider this a huge success! Well done! Thanks for linking up!!
    xo, Steph of White Coat Wardrobe & Bethany of Perfectly Coutured

  14. Great job for your first time colour blocking, I think its a great look :) Thanks for checking out my blog!

  15. Super fun colors!!! :) They look good on you....
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

  16. I love these colours, blogging has also made my style change and be a bit more brave too!

    Corinne x


Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design