5 Wardrobe Staples for Summer

OUTFIT DETAILS
Dress (c/o) / Denim Jacket (c/o) / Wedges (sold out, similar c/o) / Crossbody Bag (similar) / Sunglasses (c/o) / Watch (c/o) / Lipstick
On any given day, you will probably find me in a dress. This is why I love investing in dresses that are easy to thrown on and go. This could not be any more true in the summer wherein the heat makes dressing up on most days extra challenging. I like to put on a dress and a pair of sandals to look polished by putting a little effort into the look. This look that I got for you today showcases my quintessential summer look that also incorporates five of my must-have pieces for summer. 

SHOP THIS LOOK
Dress (c/o) / Denim Jacket (c/o) / Wedges (sold out, similar c/o) / Crossbody Bag (similar) / Sunglasses (c/o) / Watch (c/o) / Lipstick

This is by no means a shopping guide of sorts, but I have listed down my favorite pieces to rotate into my wardrobe for summer. I've listed some of the reasons why I consider them a must-have and a few other recommendations that you can add to your shopping list too: 


Floral Sundress

A sundress is number one on my list of must-have summer pieces. Even though I tend to wear florals all year round, there is an emphasis for floral dresses that are light and breezy in the summer. Feminine floral prints and dresses that are made of light chiffon materials are my ultimate go-to for summer. Plus, floral is a classic pattern so it never goes out of trend and you can wear it for next season or anytime of the year. 


Waterfront Dress / White Floral Print Midi Dress / Layer Up Dress / Blue and White Floral Print Dress / Scoop Neck Floral Dress


Wedge Sandals

Slides and strappy sandals are the most comfortable choice of footwear for summer. But if you want a more dressed up summer outfit, a pair of wedges can give you that without compromising on comfort as well. 


Aztec Stitched Sandals / Joelle Tie Wedges / Issa Perforated Wedge Sandals / Cross Strap Espadrille Wedges


Light Denim Jacket

A light denim or a chambray jacket is my ideal layering piece for summer or anytime of the year. The best thing about layering chambray over your sundresses is the ability to transition your look from day to night. Plus, it gives a more polished touch to your sundress. 


Distressed Denim Jacket / Blue Chambray Jacket / Distressed Denim Jacket / Stone Wash Chambray Jacket


Crossbody Bag

A crossbody bag is my go-to bag for casual looks on weekends and in the summer. It is perfect for outfits that you can put on and go. There are also different styles to choose from so you can choose according to your desired style. 


Saddle Bag with Chain / Black Round Tassel Crossbody Bag / Key Large Crossbody / Ashton Camera Bag / Audra Mini Satchel Crossbody

Cool Sunglasses

I love statement sunglasses for summer and that is why I added it to this list. It adds that "cool chic" vibe to an outfit; plus, sunglasses are important to protect your eyesight from the heat while you're out and about. It does not hurt if it adds a style statement to your outfit. 


Sunny & Cher Sunnies / Angled Cateye Sunnies / Love Tempo Sunnies / Lolita Heart Sunglasses / Mamacita Cat Eye Sunnies

Which item/s is/are in your summer wardrobe staples list?


Stay in Touch!



 photo facebook_zps189ee181.png photo pinterest_zpsca4d123c.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png

34 comments

  1. super cute bag!

    Xx
    Kali
    www.lovelaughexplore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look on you Abby! the floral dress is so feminine and I love how you styled it with a tied chambray top! LOVE it!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippersblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elise. This dress is definitely one of my faves!

      Delete
  3. I surely don't blame you for loving dresses, they are the perfect outfit. Would love to connect at http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2017/05/22/instagram-summer-outfits/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute look. I love that dress and that chambray top seriously looks so soft and comfy! Love it!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! That's why it's the ideal layering piece for summer for me!

      Delete
  5. I agree with all of your staples! Many of them are go-to pieces for me too! Love your wedges

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Glad you liked my list of staples!

      Delete
  6. Love the total look.. I like the wedges too (^,^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those wedges are new and haven't stopped wearing them since I got them!

      Delete
  7. That is a lovely dress and I like the chambray shirt tied over it :) Nice way to layer for summer.

    I definitely agree sunglasses are a summer essential - well they really are year-round here!

    Hope you are having a lovely start to the week! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Sunnies are my year round go-to as well!!

      Delete
  8. this outfit is really cute too. Love your floral dress!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfits look great on you! Loving this whole look!!!! Edward Gelber, Child Psychiatrist

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an outfit that i could definitely see myself in! i live in dresses and wedges all summer long!

    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look perfect for summer! I love these picks too!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a cute summer look! Wedges are the best summer shoe!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great choice for summer! Loving the wedges!

    xx, Cinthy Kwok

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the sweetest look! I love how you knotted the top.

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely look! cross body bag is a must have this year. I am on the hunt for a pair of cool sunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm typically in a dress too, they're just so much more comfortable. Loving that floral print, and yes yes yes to cross body bags <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer staples for sure! You look amazing!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your layering! That floral dress is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this look, and agree that floral sundresses are a must have during the summer. Loving yours with the chambray.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this look ! You look gorgeous ! The bag <3 <3 and the dress as well !
    Plume d'Auré
    www.plumedaure.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes to all these pieces. I especially want to add a new floral dress, not because I need it but I just love them so much that I like to switch them up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This dress is so pretty, Abby! It looks great with your knotted chambray and wedges. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)