Skin Care Must-Haves for Summer

When it comes to skin care, I tend to double my efforts in the summer. In between the heat, salt water from swimming in the ocean or chlorine in the pool, and the fact that you will probably spend more time under the sun than you would any other season, all of these things can combine to cause a lot of damage to your skin. Since many of the damages to the skin are irreversible, it only pays to take a more cautious approach and protect your skin before damage happens. I also need to improve on adapting my own tips as I tend to slack off on my skin care routine in the summer. In order to revamp my skin care regimen, I've selected quite a few of the products that I will be sure to stock up on so I can frolic under the sun without worries: 


Sunscreen


Mineral Sunscreen Glow / Sunscreen SPF 50 / UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 50

When in the subject of skin care for summer, it is a sin to not include sunscreen in the list. The sunscreen serves as a protective layer for your skin by blocking the harmful UV rays from the sun. Therefore, the reason for using sunscreen goes far beyond cosmetic reasons. It can be the key to preventing skin cancer, of which prolonged exposure to the sun's UV rays can cause!


Body Scrub


C Lab  Co Scrub Travel Pack / The Debauchery Detox Scrub / Coffee Body Scrub

If there is one product from this list that I can't live without, it would be a body scrub. I love the exfoliating effect of the body scrub to my skin. It is effective in removing dead skin cells so your skin will feel smooth and supple all the time. It is also a good product to use to combat cellulite formation as massaging it onto your skin can help to stimulate blood flow. Choose an oil-based body scrub to provide a hydrating effect on your skin. My favorite ingredients for a body scrub include coconut oil, shea butter and olive oil. 


Infused Bath


Bath Treatment Sachet Pack / Bath & Shower Concentrate with Plant Extracts / Gem & Honey Infused Bath Salt

An infused bath can provide the same benefits as body scrub although this one is designed more to make you relaxed and calm. The ingredients used to infuse the bath mixture can vary and it will also impact the benefit you can get. Some infused bath salts are nourishing and hydrating while others target specific skin conditions. 


Face Mask


Exfoliating Mask / Super Restorative Replenishing Mask / Extra-Firming Mask

A facial mask is another skin care treatment that I am currently addicted to. If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing out! What makes facial mask good for your skin, especially during summer? It provides instant hydration to your skin and depending on the type of ingredient can offer a wide range of benefits. Most facial masks are designed to nourish your skin and fight signs of dullness by giving it a healthy glow. It also improves the appearance of your pores so your skin will look younger the more you use it. 


Face Mist


Run for the Roses After Sun Mist / Refresh Face Mist

Due to the heat of the summer, staying hydrated is important. Drinking plenty of water is good for your health and skin. But with the high temperature, it can be easy to fall into the dehydration state. A facial mist is therefore important in your skin care arsenal for this reason. It is important to spritz some to your face every few hours. This will easily hydrate your skin while nourishing it at the same time. 


Facial Cleansers


Soothing & Nourishing Facial Cleanser / Gentle Cleansing Exfoliant / Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind

A facial cleanser is a must for summer because your skin can be exposed to harsh elements. From the sun's UV rays to dust, dirt and sweat, all of these can clog up your pores and cause your skin to look dull and damaged. A gentle but effective cleanser is an important part of my skin care routine and should be in yours too. But it is important to put emphasis on choosing a gentle formula - you want to remove build up and clean your pores but make sure it is not too harsh on your skin. 

Which of these skin care products for summer can you not live without?


Stay in Touch!


 photo facebook_zps189ee181.png photo pinterest_zpsca4d123c.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png

12 comments

  1. SPF is indeed a must have everyday, and more so during Summer! Love the selections and the Gem & Honey bath salt has a very cute, vintage pack design!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! I'm a huge fan of face masks, I'm gonna have to try these suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After years of not caring too much about SPF I've learnt my lesson, no I find it SO important! Thanks for the recommendations. Nowadays I try to take good care of my skin. I cleanse and exfoliate everyday and then apply moisturizer or sunscreen.

    http://www.memoriesofthepacific.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post and review!! Thanks fo sharing!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: COCKTAIL DRESS & JIMMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just recently started trying to be more serious about my skincare routine, so I really appreciate these! Thank you!

    LovelyAsAMother

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, sunscreen is so important - not just in summer, but even more so in summer here. I like the idea of a face mist too for a humid day but I haven't tried any yet! :)

    Hope you are having a wonderful start to the weekend!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some good Skincare! Gorgeous post.
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete
  10. those face masks and mists sound so amazing!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I needed the reminder to hydrate. I've been terrible with drinking water, face misting, masking or any of the above. Tsk! Tsk!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)