Blogger 101: Blog Linkups - Are They Worth Your Time?


Blogging can take on different values in a blogger's life. Some consider it as a hobby while others make a living from blogging. Whatever your long term goal might be, we all strive for a common thing: to get readers! Blogging has evolved into not just a one-way form of communication; it is more interactive now with readers sharing their thoughts on blogs they read through comments. And social media has opened up more possibilities for making blogging a shared experienced between the blogger and the readers. 

Based on my own experience, joining linkups or blog hops has helped me grow my readers. It has also enabled me to tap into a reader base that I normally would not have had access to. If you have not heard of linkups before, it is basically a venue wherein bloggers can share links to their posts for other bloggers to see. You can therefore get exposure for your blog posts and see posts from others as well. All bloggers who join linkups are encouraged to visit other blogs and interact. That's what linkups are for. 

Participating in linkups might seem like a lot of work (and time-consuming as well); for the most part it is! But if you want to reap the benefits, then you have to make that investment of time. It has personally helped me grow my blog. To be honest, I don't think I would be able to have a steady stream of readers if not for these linkups. As I've mentioned above, it allows you to reach out to readers that might not even know your blog exists. At the same time, it helps you to find new blogs to read to connect with or get inspiration from. 

You can maximize linkups by sharing posts that you think others will be interested in. Or, if you find posts from others that will pique your interest, go ahead and visit their blog. Leave a comment if you're compelled to. Let them know that you enjoyed reading their post and you can even invite them to your blog. Just be polite in doing so. The worst thing that you can do is to leave your links and not interact. It dilutes the essence of the linkup. 

The more you join these linkups, the more interesting and fun you will find it to be! Go ahead and give it a shot. You might even be rewarded with new readers or blogger friends. It's a win-win situation! 

To see which blogs I am linking up to, visit this page. Have you joined any linkups before?


21 comments

  1. I usually join WIWW linkups, love those girls! I will definitely check out other linkups you mentioned. Thank you for sharing!

    Paulina


    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a helpful post babe! Happy Friday!

    xx Julianna
    www.blushandcamo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear how many readers you've gained from blogger linkups! I've just started getting into linkups so that's encouraging!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this before! Will have to start reading up!
    xoKiara
    Tobruckave Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the problem with link ups is that unless you get in right after they open up, you end up a page or two back which doesn't bring many people to your site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few linkups I join on a weekly base. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something new for me. I will definitely check it out.
    Thanks for sharing this helpful article. Keep up the good work dear.

    Happy weekend.

    Cheers!

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joining linkups has definitely helped me, plus I've found blogger friends!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great info Abby! I'm learning more about blogging everyday and this info will help me out a lot. Thanks!

    xoxo Justina | Just In A City
    A SF based fashion + food + travel blog
    www.justinacity.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Link-ups are definitely a great way to find other blogs as well as a great way to get your blog out there! Great advice ;)

    Erica
    http://pumpsandpushups.com/healthylifestylegoals/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wondering if link-ups are worth the time. Some seem to be really successful while others don't send any traffic my way. I'm still on the fence about them, and I enjoyed reading about your experience with them
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always participate in linkups but lately I haven;t and I've noticed that when I don't I don't have as many visits. So i definitely think they work
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so right! Whenever I run short of time to link up (like this week) I totally see the difference in my results. Hope you are enjoying this weekend, beautiful!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your though dear!



    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really loved this tip, thanks for sharing. xx
    Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  17. great post on link ups :)
    kisses from dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, add your looks to our fashion community http://www.thefashionstyles.com/activity/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think interacting, engaging, and connecting with like-minded folks is ALWAYS worth it! Thanks for the tips!
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with these tips, it really has helped gain me some new friends and ones I collaborate with often. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers and be discovered. Thanks for sharing this.
    Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me is now live here
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)