Red Remix

Okay, okay... I am guilty of being an outfit repeater. But who isn't? Since I started earning on my own, I've been indulging in my shopping urges but I've also learned the art of being thrift a.k.a. smart shopping. When I look at an item before buying it, I tend to evaluate a few things: 1) where can I wear it, 2) how many ways can I style it, and 3) would I be able to pair it with other pieces in my closet. These are just some of the thoughts that go through my mind, there are a few more (that I would spare you of!). So, yes, I am slowly transitioning away from my impulsive ways (of which I had also been guilty of) to investing in timeless pieces that I can maximize use of.


If you can remember this top dress (if you can't, let me refresh you with this post), I really loved it when I first saw it online. But I had to stop and think if I would want to purchase the dress given that it might not be versatile enough. But lo and behold, I managed to turn this dress into a top and paired with black leggings for a bit more dressed up downtown chic look. A high ponytail was all I needed to complete this look. I love the cutout detail around the neckline so I always skip the necklace whenever I am wearing this dress. 

What outfit have you tried re-mixing lately?


 

9 comments

  1. You look great Abigail!! Love your blog. Thanks so much for visiting mine!! Have an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your blog! I love red on you and the top is pretty with the cutaway.
    from the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is the best colour for you. It reflects well onto your face. You look healthy and radiant in it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,

    You look great as usual!
    I myself am an outfit repeater.
    I love to remix LBD.

    Thanks for linking up with I Would So Rock This!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea and you make it work! Never would've thought this was a dress. Red is your color!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. red is such a gorgeous colour and looks great no matter the occasion!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That "top" is a dress??? I never would have guessed! What a great idea! I'll have to remember that little trick.

    I think you're smart about your shopping, asking yourself those three questions. Sounds like you're being quite the thrifty shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love when it works out so you can mix and match pieces to create two totally different outfits! Returning the love from the Style Elixir link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you are mixes other pieces to get more outfit ideas and styles. I'm going to doing the same thing.
    Chimere
    http://www.ChimereNicole.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)