Pencil Skirt Style

Top: Dresslily (c/o)
Skirt: Twinkledeals (c/o)
Bag: Twinkledeals (c/o)
Shoes: CLN PH
Watch: JORD (c/o)

Pencil skirts are my new favorites. When I don't feel like wearing a dress, I usually turn to them as an alternative. The silhouette it creates make any outfit look ultra feminine (which is why I love them). But if you are not confident with your body, it can be a bit intimidating to wear them. Thus, I am sharing this look to inspire you how to wear pencil skirt and give you a few more ideas. Read more about them below...






SHOP THIS LOOK
Top: Dresslily (c/o)
Skirt: Twinkledeals (c/o)
Shoes: CLN PH
Bag: Twinkledeals (c/o)
Watch: JORD (c/o)

First things first... pencil skirts are universally flattering. You need to get rid of the idea that it only works for certain body types. The simple lines and classic shape allows you to experiment with a wide range of pairing. The simplest and most classic option is to pair it with a classic white tee. If you're wearing a patterned or bold printed pencil skirt, tone the top down with a white or neutral colored tee. This will make your legs decidedly feminine and also draw more attention to your skirt.

If you are wearing a bold colored pencil skirt, you can go for something bold up-top. Say, a graphic print crop top or sweater. A pair of statement heels can also add some edge to the look while also making your legs look extra long. For evening wear, a dressed up top layered with blazer is a good way to style a pencil skirt. 

Your options are endless when it comes to styling a pencil skirt. If you want for a casual but polished look, you can pair it with a simple top and a classic pair of heels, just like I did here. 

What is your favorite way to style a pencil skirt?

Shop other pencil skirts here:


Heather Grey Ribbed Pencil Skirt / Black Denim Pencil Skirt / Red High Waist Pencil Skirt with Slit / Blue Chambray Pencil Skirt / Burgundy High Waist Pencil Skirt

Stay in Touch!

 photo facebook_zps189ee181.png photo pinterest_zpsca4d123c.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png photo twitter_zps195b829b.png photo mail_zps2c0c12dc.png

25 comments

  1. I always love your style, dear, very elegant. The knotted shirt hem looks cool and fun, you look stunning in blue!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a pencil skirt - yours is very cute - love the way you've styled it. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have only one pencil skirt myself, I find that sometimes some of the fabrics just don't work on me at all but I think this one might look good on me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! It looks really good on you! And I love the knot in the shirt to really show off the waist length of the pencil skirt. Beautiful! :)

    Sincerely Miss J
    www.sincerelymissj.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pencil skirts! Usually I wear my pencil skirts with a fancy blouse. You pulled off this look very well though :)

    Sincerely,
    Thivy Michelle
    www.thivymichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! The accessories are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, pencil skirts are a figure flattering piece! I like the idea of wearing one with a short sleeved crop top! I love how you styled yours, though!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me this week, lovely!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit. I would like to start wearing my skirts and dresses this spring and summer. I may have to start with a pencil skirt:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so true...pencil skirts work for everyone! I love wearing them because they're simple but classic. Your outfit rocks and looks like it's super comfy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never love the way pencil skirts look on me, mainly because I always feel obligated to tuck them in however I LOVE the way you styled yours with tying it in a knot rather than tucking it in...so trendy and chic! Thank you for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up!!

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you added the pop of color with the purse.

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt! The color is great and yes everyone can wear a pencil skirt!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skirt looks fabulous with the knotted top!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree! You cannot beat a good pencil skirt! Love the knotted tee with this!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look and I love the bag! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pencil skirt. I have been seeing stripes everywhere! This is such a chic look! :) I would definitely wear this skirt to work.

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/fishnets-friend-foe/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great skirt! You could wear it with anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stripes will forever be one of my fave prints!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That skirt is so fun and I love the top tied in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the outfit. I like the bright colored top with the skirt pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pencil skirts are great pieces for your closet. Love the way you styled this one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a beautiful outfit! love it!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love pencil skirts! You styled this one perfectly with that tee!

    Karen
    LadyinViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love a striped pencil skirt like that for work! It would be fun to pair with brights. And of course your cross front tee is perfect with the skirt ;)
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You can never go wrong with a pencil skirt!

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)