Reinventing My Look

For most of my life, I've sported long hair styled with curls at the ends or colored in different ways to revamp my look. But over the weekend, I probably made the most drastic change to my hairstyle that I haven't had the guts to do in years - cut it short! Eeeek! The thought of it scared me the whole week leading up to my date at the salon. But I just braved it because I wanted to try out something different. Plus, Jennifer Lawrence rocked her new shorter, layered cut that I got so inspired to try short, too!



This... is the result. A short, faux bob hairstyle with bangs! Whoa! Last time I tried bangs and had hair this short was in grade school, probably. That is a looong time! Thankfully, the boyf smiled at me after ending my session at the salon and told me he loved it! That is all that mattered to me. Ha!





In keeping with the context of reinvention, I too reinvented my outfit featured in this post. This top isn't technically a top - it's a dress! I had a bodice LBD that I wore a couple of years ago with dramatic shoulder details, of which you might remember be wearing on my 2010 office Christmas Party at Royal Mandaya Hotel. Because I wasn't into wearing a dress that particular day, I decided to fold the bottom half to make it look like a top. I then paired it with my light denim jeans for a casual and polished look. 

What's the biggest fashion or personal style reinvention you've done?

22 comments

  1. Love it! Makes you look more sophisticated and posh. Would love to hear your thoughts on my latest post.

    xoxo, Julie @ OBSESSED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hairstyle....truly summer ready! I love that frilly top/dress too!!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your comment! yes I would love to follow each other :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! You look great! This is definitely a good hairstyle for you!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, definitely suits you!
    I've been attempting to brave getting my hair cut soon too -- It's never been shorter then my shoulder blades & I'm really ready for a change too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome look your shirt is so great!

    www.ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been a huge fan of short hair...I feel more "me" when I have short hair, but I can understand that it must be a pretty scary/intimidating change when you've had long hair for a very long time! It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one flattering top! Great just with jeans like that. I wish I could carry shorter hair style like Anne Hathaway is having now.. I wish!

    Visiting from the Link Up, do swing by mine!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So flattering. It really frames your face beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing on #MondayMingle today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from the blog hop! I think you look amazing :)

    I chopped my hair right before I had my daughter, but now it's long again because I have no time to get it cut :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is really cute! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I would love for us to follow each other.

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great!! It looks very chic :)

    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute cut! Suits you well. My biggest change would have to be losing weight (2 sizes) and starting my wardrobe over from scratch. :)

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cut looks great on you! Love how you changed this dress into a top! Before I had my son, I cut my hair similar to your new cut and loved it. I had so much styling it but knew those days would be over once he was born but it was fun.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the haircut! I also love the shirt (dress). I'm
    Not sure I could master that!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your haircut looks so cute! You definitely pull off short hair well. Love that black top! The sleeves are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the haircut! I wish I can be that daring with my hair but it is way too curly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your haircut! It's so chic and stylish. Great outfit too:)
    Sherry
    thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I'm a new follower on GFC!
    This short hair is so cute! it looks great!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)