Fiery

When it comes to shopping and fashion, I never hold back. There might be certain instances in life when I hold back but it rarely applies in fashion. When I like love something, I go after it!


That is how I felt about this dress. When I first saw this online, it did not instantly win me over like most of the dresses that I do have in my closet. It's undeniable that the color drew me in. But I had been leaning towards more practical buys as of late - and that means investing on pieces that I can re-wear or re-mix with several other pieces. It also means investing in dresses that could be easily transitioned from day to night. 

However, it seems as though I've completely neglected all these golden shopping rules I have set for myself with this purchase. This dress, albeit dramatic, is not the most practical buy. It is hot like hell in this part of the world and that means I would only probably be able to wear this one during the night or on colder days. Plus, it will probably require a bit more creative flair to mix and match with other pieces. 

And yet, there is no single ounce of doubt in my body when I donned this dress. The fabric is cotton so it is ultra comfortable. The fabric also clings to the body without hugging it too much - it provides just the right amount of shape.


 


10 comments

  1. Gorgeous dress! I like the little slit at the top...it's perfect.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dress...i love the color and the style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red hot! I think this looks great on you! Thanks for liking my boho look! :)

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress! A red dress is a must have in anyone's closet!

    Have a great day.

    ~ Seepz
    http://www.savoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red!!!! I love red dresses. I love red anything. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the color of this dress is gorgeous and it fits perfectly! definitely a great fashion dare.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!! The red really suits you! I love the new blog layout too!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red dress is fantastic on you!! That definitely ended up being a good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the dress fits like a second skin on you.. perfect!

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty red dress! I can never wear body con pieces - I hate the way they look on me. You look gorgeous!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)