Modern vs Vintage Wedding Dresses: Rosanovias

Choosing the style of dress to wear on your wedding day is one of the biggest questions brides-to-be have to face. I know I can definitely speak for myself when I say that. My search for the perfect wedding dress was long and tedious. During my search, I came across two general classifications of wedding dresses: vintage and modern. From the outside looking in, it appears to be a black-and-white choice. But if you're a bride overwhelmed with options, choosing is not so easy. 

Thankfully, you won't have to do it my way (you know, visiting every single bridal shop I could find in town). You can leverage the tools of the internet with shops like Rosa Novias. Finding your ideal dress can take minutes and at the comfort of your own home. To help you find your bridal style, I've included a few options for wedding dresses to choose from:


Vintage Wedding Dresses

Half-Sleeve A-Line Tulle Wedding Dress

Spaghetti Strap A-Line Tulle Wedding Dress

A-Line Sweepbrush Train Lace and Chiffon V-Neck Wedding Dress

There is a wide array of characteristics that define a vintage wedding dress. Most of them, though, feature ethereal elements with a maiden quality to them. Victorian styles, in particular, have a high neckline.  Other vintage dresses have a flow-y and romantic silhouette.  

Modern Wedding Dresses

Strapless Beaded Lace Mermaid Dress
One-Shoulder A-Line Tulle Wedding Dress
Satin A-Line Beaded Crystal Bateau Wedding Dress
On the other hand, most modern wedding dresses are minimalist. Clean lines, precise cuts and shapes, and fabric are the focus. But there are also a few exceptions; modern dresses could be adorned with lots of beads and embellishments in an over-the-top manner. This provides plenty of options to choose a dress that best suits your personality. 


Personally, I consider myself an old soul so I definitely do lean towards the vintage pieces. But for my own wedding gown, I decided to go for a modern dress (a sweetheart neckline lace mermaid tail dress) but with lots of vintage touches to retain that timeless appeal. That is the beauty with fashion, particularly bridal fashion, as lines have been blurred and the different elements are incorporated together as one. 


 


Disclaimer: I was compensated for writing this post; however, the opinion expressed are my own.

14 comments

  1. I'm so in love with that first dress! I love anything with with lace or sleeves <3

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first two dresses and the one-shoulder! :)

    Arianne | Ayre

    ReplyDelete
  3. A modern dress with the vintage touches, sounds like perfection!

    Beauty By Rhenicia | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Snapchat : BeautByRhenicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dresses! They make me want to get married all over again! I think I would lean toward one of the vintage ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with these dresses! :)

    -Andie
    www.andiedutton.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful style wedding gowns!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses are beautiful! Too bad I am already married
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second picture is my favorite! I love vintage wedding dresses (or any type of clothes for that matter). :)

    Happy new year to you and may 2016 bring you better things. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    Dresslink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! I enjoyed seeing the different styles, and pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    Tawni | http://www.tawnitamarra.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many gorgeous dresses! Love the lace!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)