One Dress, Two Ways Part II

In the midst of my budget and style challenge, I had surprised myself with different ways that I've styled old pieces of clothing to make them seem brand new. On my previous outfit post, I played up my cobalt skater dress with fun accessories and a cardi. This time around, I decided to grab one dress that I like a lot but felt like I haven't got much use of it than I should. 


I bought this dress from Invogue Collections, one of my favorite online shops, on a sale (yay!). This is a bustier dress that I wore to work by pairing it with a cardigan or blazer. The last time I featured it on the blog was during our dinner date while vacationing in Palawan (you can check that here). I accessorized it with my statement necklace, too. 


This time out, I wore it as a skirt! Yes, you heard it right - a skirt. I simply put on my off-white batwing top and accessorized with a different kind of statement necklace this time. Okay, I admit, this might not be the last time you'd be seeing of this necklace. I just love it - fun, quirky, and versatile!

Which look did you like better?

PS - Linked up this post with these fab ladies!



30 comments

  1. Love the zipper detail on this tee! Looking good girl!

    xoxo,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look! its perfect for day to night!

    I recently posted some fall fashion as well as a little bit of rock and roll history if you want to check it out!

    http://www.shadesofstyle-lj.com/

    xo jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this dress with the loose top over it! It gives it a more 'Vegas'y vibe! The zipper detail on the pocket adds a touch of edge to a feminine dress.

    You're right, that necklace is adorable!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    Now following along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren :) I am also following yours! xo

      Delete
  4. I think both looks are cute. I like the zipper detailing on the tee. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Layering a shirt over a dress is one of my favorite styling tips! Instantly changes an outfit. :) Super cute necklace too!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is perfect as a skirt! I love having pieces that are versatile like this!
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how you wore it as a skirt! I have TONS of dresses and I am going to try the layering with sweaters and tops for fall to make them into skirts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Chelsea! It's fun to remix these outfits and you'd be quite proud with what you can come up with :)

      Delete
  8. This necklace is adorable! You look fabulous!

    xo,-Elizabeth
    bookofleisure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative styling! I love remixing my wardrobe.

    ~Jacy
    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was always one of my favorite tricks to turn a dress into a skirt! Cute!

    xoxo,
    E
    refined couture 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've remixed it, great outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like it as a skirt. I think it's creative what you have done! I also enjoy the necklace with your cute blouse.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way it looks with that top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! You look so pretty! Thanks for sharing

    I Pink i Love You

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great way to create absolutely different looks from one piece!!! And thank you dear for sharing it with Monday Bloom!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both of these looks! Wearing dresses as skirts is one of my favorite things. It makes me feel super creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that zipper on the top! It's such a unique touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this idea! Makes it seem like you have twice as much in your closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both styles are fab but my vote goes for the skirt look-- genius!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look FAB! I do this plenty with my dresses and love what you did! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday girl! XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love changing up the look of a dress with layering. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)